|Want to keep your Cupcakes by Sonja cupcakes tasty and delicious? Follow the expert tips above.|
Thursday, April 4, 2013
Tuesday, March 19, 2013
Graduation is one of the most anticipated events in a student’s life. The end of one chapter and the beginning of another, it is a joyful occasion that calls for much celebration.
Whether your beloved graduate just finished preschool, high school, college, or graduate school, Cupcakes by Sonja can prepare special cupcakes to suit his singular taste. Take your pick from Cupcakes by Sonja’s different flavors, from chocolate and peanut butter to lemon and vanilla, and top it off with his favorite topping.
Here are just some of the especially designed cupcakes that Cupcakes by Sonja can make for your dear graduate:
Tuesday, March 5, 2013
Walking into the Cupcakes by Sonja store, one is immediately overcome by feelings of warmth and nostalgia—of grandma baking cookies in the oven, of cotton candies and lollipops, and of bright sunshiny days filled with the promise of endless fun.
Today, we share some of the mood boards and graphic renderings of the first Cupcakes by Sonja store.
Sonja draws inspiration from the quaint little bakeshops that could be found on almost every block of New York City. At the same time, Sonja wants the store to be attractive to children, a special space for both the young and young at heart.
Stripes of red and white line the walls alongside a pretty floral panel where the menu chalkboards are tacked on. The whitewashed cupboards are filled with all sorts of thingamajigs from pretty pitchers and fine china to a baby blue weighing scale which Sonja hand-carried all the way from Australia.
Of course, the cupcakes are kept in a place of honor—under glass, in refrigerated shelves and dainty cupcake holders. You could take a stool and sit by the long white table. Or you could step outside, and enjoy your cupcake under the shade of a floral printed umbrella. Heaven!
Thursday, February 28, 2013
1. Love is the most important ingredient of every baked goodie from Cupcakes by Sonja. Every cupcake, cookie, and cake is lovingly prepared by Sonja and her faithful staff.
2. The Red Velvet Vixen, a
3. Strawberry is a classic ingredient used in a number of Cupcakes by Sonja cupcakes including Berries and Cream, Berry Delight Strawberry Cheesecake, and Pistachio Berries and Cream. We definitely love those fresh, luscious strawberries.
4. At Cupcakes by Sonja, we care for every little detail. The vibrantly red cups that hold our Red Velvet Vixen and Berry Delight Strawberry Cheesecake cupcakes are sourced from abroad. We only want to give the best to our fans.
5. For every purchase of a Red Velvet Vixen cupcake, you get to help raise funds for Philippine Red Cross’s various charities. It is Cupcakes by Sonja’s way of sharing sweetness to the community.
6. Once you see the red and white awning outside of Cupcakes by Sonja’s store, you know that you’re going to have another awesomely sweet experience.
7. At our Create a Cupcake children’s workshops, the kids love glazing their cupcakes with our sparkly red sprinkles.
8. Cupcakes by Sonja also bakes cakes, and it not surprising that a lot of our wedding cakes and birthday cakes are decorated with red sugar roses. These sugar roses are delicately prepared, making them intricately elegant.
9. What’s a children’s party without bubbly red balloons? Cupcakes by Sonja’s dessert parties are made more cheerful with these circles of joy.
10. Cupcakes by Sonja is all heart. Our deliciously beautiful cupcakes say “I love you,” “Congratulations!” and even “I’m sorry.” It’s a sweet little thing that could mean so many bigger things. It’s all heart!
September 2005. It is autumn in New York, a lovely time to be in the greatest city in the world to indulge in its many gustatory pleasures. For Sonja Ocampo, it’s cupcakes. Naturally, she gravitates to Magnolia Bakery, the revered cupcake shop. Magnolia’s fluffy delights so inspires Sonja that she finds a way to work in its kitchen. There, she develops her technical skills and expertise.
When Sonja comes home to Manila later that year, she makes some cupcakes for the party of her best friend’s son. Everybody loves her cupcakes! They were so gooey delicious that word of her cupcakes reaches the attentive ear of a writer from the Philippine Star, who promptly writes about it. Before long, people start looking for Sonja’s creations.
Because of the clamor for her cupcakes, Sonja, who always loves a challenge, starts seriously considering opening a cupcake shop. On December 2005, she flies to Australia to continue her market research.
Sonja starts the year right by pitching her cupcake idea to Ayala Land on January 2006. She not only gives them a clear idea of how she wants her space to look like, she makes them her awesome cupcakes too. Ayala Land offers Cupcakes by Sonja’s first place in Serendra the very next month.
On September 8, 2006, Cupcakes by Sonja opens its doors—and becomes an instant success. People of all ages line up for their cupcake fix.
Hipsters, bloggers, and teeners along with young mothers and their little babes flock to Cupcakes by Sonja. The growing phenomenon is diligently recorded by the media with local and international publications picking up the Cupcakes by Sonja story.
Business blossoms and blooms. Before long, Sonja isn’t just making cupcakes, she also offers dessert buffets, birthday cakes, customized cupcakes, and cake pops to her clients. Apart from coming up with one delicious flavor after another, Cupcakes by Sonja also forms a partnership with Philippine Red Cross. To this day, it gives a portion of the sales of Red Velvet Vixen cupcake to raise funds for the organization’s various charities.
From its eight original flavors, Cupcakes by Sonja now offers 32 deliciously heavenly creations that cupcake aficionados just cannot get enough of. That’s why Cupcakes by Sonja is bent on sharing the sweetness as it gears up to open more shops this year. Watch out for more sweetness from Cupcakes by Sonja!
Thursday, November 29, 2012
Have a Rockin' Christmas with our Newest Cupcake Creation! Our Jolly Holly Christmas Cupcake with Marshmallow Frosting is now available for the Christmas Season. It's the perfect little gift to share joy and blessings with your loved ones!
Posted by Cupcakes by Sonja at 3:53 PM